Opening an Account
Opening a precious metals storage account with IDS Group is very simple.
- Download and fill out the applicable Custody Agreement below (Choose your location and the applicable account type: personal custody or corporate custody)
- Provide a copy of a government-issued, photo ID.
- Once complete, submit the custody agreement to the appropriate location in Texas, Delaware or Canada.
If you have any questions about IDS Group, please visit our FAQ page.
There is NO COST to open an International Depository Services Group storage account. There is also no minimum level of holdings required, however there is a minimum storage charge which includes insurance coverage underwritten by Lloyd’s of London:
- IDS of Delaware – $100 every 6 months
- IDS of Texas – $300 every six months
- IDS of Canada – Email for rates and account specifics
As an example, the following are the fees associated with Private Custody Accounts based on account value:
- .65% of the account value up to $250,000
- .40% of the account value for accounts at $250,000.01 to $500,000
- .35% of the account value for accounts valued at $500,000.01 to $2,500,000
- .30% of the account value for accounts valued over $2,500,000.01 to $5,000,000
- Over $5,000,000 please call for custom quote
The IDS Group does not participate in any sale or purchase of precious metals. When customers would like to liquidate, they lock a trade with their dealer and simply provide IDS Group the appropriate logistical instructions via either signed paper form or through the IDS Group Online Depository Client Portal. Within the Portal clients can also view their holdings, transaction history, and past invoices. Of course, for investors selling to Dillon Gage or any of the other wholesale accounts within the depository, they enjoy no transit time or shipping/handling fees.
Account Registration Forms
Commercial Accounts (Click Below)
All commercial accounts are individually tailored to meet each client’s needs. Please call our Customer Service Department to obtain account registration forms and appropriate fee schedules.